You are here
OwnTime Cloud and NeCTAR Cloud Pricing
Intersect research cloud computing pricing is designed to be as simple and easy to calculate as possible. We charge purely for time consumed by virtual machine 'flavour', that is its performance characteristics. That's it. No I/O thresholds, quotas, caps, network traffic charges*, or other hidden fees that you are probably accustomed to when dealing with non-research global cloud providers.
|*Member prices attract 40% discount from List prices|
- Disk gigabytes are quoted in binary GB, not decimal GiB. Example: 125 GB = 128 GiB = 128,000 MB.
- Prices listed are for virtual machine flavours with standard configurations and operating systems.
- Disk quota includes boot disk plus ephemeral storage.
- The Suspend feature is useful when you want to save the current state of your virtual machine. It allows you to resume the VM and continue work later from the same state.
Download a printable PDF.
Standard virtual machine flavour operating system availability:
|CentOS 6 x86_64|
|Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr)AMD64|
|Scientific Linux 6.5 x86_64|
|CentOS 7 x86_64|
|Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet)AMD64|
|OpenSuSE 31.2 x86_64|
|* Custom requirements, including flavours with up to 64 CPUs, are also available at various price points.|
Talk to us about other requirements by contacting us at Time@intersect.org.au.
How are the different VM states charged?
Virtual Machine state
|Build||Active||Temporary state which will move to Active|
|Reboot||Active||Temporary state which will move to Active|
|Hard reboot||Active||Temporary state which will move to Active|
|Rebuild||Active||Temporary state which will move to Active|
|Suspended||Suspended||Still occupies resources|
|Shutoff||Suspended||Still occupies resources|
|Paused||Suspended||Still occupies resources|
|Error||Suspended||Still occupies resources|
|Deleted||No charge||No charge|
* Network traffic to non-AARnet destinations may generate charges outside of Intersect Australia's control