You are here
Intersect is Australia's largest full-service eResearch support agency. We work closely with the research sector of NSW, including universities and relevant public and private sector agencies and their collaborating partners. Intersect works with the existing technical capabilities of its members and partners to identify, develop and deliver world-class ICT enabled platforms to drive the next generation of research and innovation.
A coordinated approach to eResearch capacity is critical to maintaining and enhancing NSW’s status as Australia’s leading research state and positioning NSW to compete favourably in the increasingly globalised and on-line world of research.
The mission of Intersect is:
to realise research impact through eResearch
In summary, Intersect:
- Delivers professional quality projects and services to its member institutions
- Raises awareness and stimulate the uptake of eResearch technologies primarily at NSW universities and public and private sector research agencies
- Addresses eResearch skills shortages through the provision of training, professional development and career enhancement opportunities
Promotes high impact research outcomes through:
- the identification, development and delivery of valuable eResearch tools and services and
- furthering collaboration between NSW researchers and links with other national and international centres of excellence
Achieves greater efficiencies through:
- the sharing of common infrastructure/technology platforms,
- the facilitation of joint funding bids including with international, government and industry partners, and
- the leveraging of co-funded projects with NCRIS capability areas
- Provides a focus for the application of eResearch in the humanities, arts and social sciences
- Represents NSW interests at the national level
- Acts as the primary coordinating mechanism for the delivery of services such as ANDS and NCI to NSW research institutions
- Enables closer collaboration between NSW government agencies engaged in research and the broader academic community.
Intersect works closely with the Australian National Data Service (ANDS), Australian Research and Education Network (AREN) and NeCTAR (National eResearch Collaboration Tools and Resources). Intersect is a member of the National Computational Infrastructure (NCI), AeRO, Australian eResearch Organisations and the Australian Access Federation (AAF).
Intersect is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, and owned by its members.