Intersect is a pivotal part of NSW research infrastructure. We provide robust, innovative and collaborative technology to support the world-class research at our member institutions. Intersect delivers storage and analysis platforms, custom engineering, expert consultation and training programs to hundreds of researchers every year.
“Before Intersect was on the ground, everybody had their own initiatives but we were dealing with these things one by one. It meant that the scale of the initiatives that we were tackling were significantly smaller so we are now able to deal with much larger problems.”
Professor Les Field,
Chair, Deputy and PV-C (Research) Committees, Group of Eight.
Our data storage facility is in full production. The latest statistics:
- Technical infrastructure assets under management: $5M
- Data under management: 1120 TBs
- Nationally significant research collections under management: 80
- Data subsidy terabytes: 5000
Intersect launches NeCTAR Research Cloud
Intersect has announced the commission of $1.5M delivering 4,500 additional CPU cores to the NeCTAR Research Cloud, (rc.NeCTAR.org.au).
The NeCTAR Research Cloud is part of Intersect's new offering Time.intersect.org.au. More at Time.intersect.org.au
RDSI/ Space merit subsidies reminder
As emailed to data custodians in December 2014: applicants that enjoy a merit allocation must begin their data ingestion into Space before 30th June 2015. We understand that many successful applicants may not be able to do so within these timeframes. If this is you, we’re asking you to voluntarily release your allocation for redistribution to other projects in the interests of resource efficiency. Please speak with your Intersect eResearch Analyst or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following training opportunities are open for enrolment:
- 20 May 2015: "Cleaning/Exploring your Data with Open Refine" at UWS. Enrol now
- 20 May 2015: "Data Visualisation - Google Fusion Tables" at UWS. Enrol now
- 4 Jun 2015: "Intermediate HPC" at UWS. Enrol now
- 17 Jun 2015: "Excel Fu: Excel For Researchers" at UWS. Enrol now
- 29 Jun 2015: "Excel Fu: Excel For Researchers" at UTS. Enrol now
- 30 June 2015: "Excel Fu" at Macquarie University. Enrol now
- 2 July 2015: "Open Refine" at Macquarie University. Enrol now
- 6 July 2015: "Introduction to Unix for HPC" at UTS. Enrol now
- 7 July 2015: "Excel Fu" at Macquarie University. Enrol now
For more information, see http://www.intersect.org.au/training