You are here
Intersect offers challenging work on a diverse range of projects that support leading edge research across disciplines. We are big on collaboration - sharing ideas and expertise and following the Agile Software Development methodology. We provide a supportive environment in which you can learn and develop new skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun!
Intersect is an important part of Australia's research infrastructure. We provide robust, innovative and collaborative technology to support world-class research at member and customer universities and other organisations. We help researchers be more effective by providing them with highly advanced and specialised IT services and solutions.
Ask anyone at Intersect about what appeals to them about working here and you will get a variety of responses. Some like the technical challenges and the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies (Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, etc) and use the latest tools and frameworks. Others are attracted by the work we do – making a difference to research across a broad spectrum of disciplines – health and medical, biosciences, astronomy, the environment as well as humanities and social sciences.
Everyone agrees that we have an enjoyable and flexible work life. It is a very supportive and collaborative environment that encourages everyone to work at their best. There are lots of opportunities to learn from and be mentored by our great team of skilled professionals who are dedicated to providing high quality work.
Apart from helping change the planet for the better, the top ten benefits of working life at Intersect are:
- Important public purpose - to serve Australian research, science and innovation.
- Not for profit entity salary packaging flexibility.
- Woo! Days offer up to an additional week of performance-based leave at Christmas.
- Flexible working environment, including working from home as applicable.
- Small teams of great people with can-do culture.
- Supportive managers with minimal hierarchy.
- Employee recognition, both manager-peer and peer-peer.
- Corporate discount programme.
- Greater variety and impact than equivalent positions elsewhere.
- Modern cloud based systems and work environment, with choice of computer equipment.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for any of our vacancies, and you meet the requirements mentioned in the ad, then we want to hear from you! Send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job reference number.
If you have any queries, please contact our HR Department on 8079 2500 or at email@example.com.