You are here
eResearch Analyst - University of Canberra
Intersect is an important part of Australia's research infrastructure. We provide robust, innovative and collaborative technology to support world-class research at member and customer universities and other organisations. Intersect delivers a range of services to support research activities including expert consultation and training programs, data services, storage and compute platforms, and custom software engineering.
The eResearch Analyst works closely with the University of Canberra to complement their local eResearch capability. The primary responsibilities of the eResearch Analyst are to provide advice to researchers on effective eResearch solutions for their circumstances, gather requirements from the research community, help guide the development and deployment of relevant eResearch services, and increase the visibility and acceptance of eResearch best practice.
- Act as the main contact for Intersect at the University of Canberra.
- Provide advice to university research staff on matters relating to eResearch.
- Assist the University of Canberra and individual researchers to effectively use Intersect's services/resources.
- Assist the University of Canberra to gain value from national eResearch framework programs as appropriate.
- Carry out consultancy and project management activities as required.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of/experience in contemporary research practice.
- Ability to liaise with, understand and manage the needs of various stakeholder groups in a university context.
- Ability to analyse eResearch requirements (including technical requirements) and develop solutions within an academic research environment.
- Self organisational and time management skills.
This role will be based at the University of Canberra campus with some travel required to other campuses and Intersect's Head Office in Sydney.
To apply for this role, send your cv to email@example.com along with a covering letter addressing the above criteria.
Closing date Tuesday 6th June 2017.