- Work closely with world-class researchers across the state
- ICT company at the forefront of eResearch
- Rolling contract (6 months + extensions)
- Immediate start
Intersect is the eResearch services organisation, which works with NSW universities and others to support NSW based research through advanced and specialised information and communication technologies. Our aim is to elevate NSW’s status as a leading research state and to enable global competitiveness in the world of online research.
We are expanding and to meet our demand for growing workload we need an immediate influx of talented and experienced Software Engineers to join our team on a contract basis. This is a great opportunity to enhance your skills and contribute to advances in eResearch.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new and challenging project at one of our member universities (UWS), as well as being part of a friendly, professional and world class research team.
You will be based 3 days a week at the University of Western Sydney (Bankstown Campus) and 2 days a week at our Intersect office in Sydney CBD. This role offers a lot of independence and support via regular collaborations with development team at the University and at Intersect.
We are seeking a confident and proactive Software Engineer with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with diverse teams.
What it's like to work at Intersect
Ask anyone at Intersect about what appeals to them about working here and you will get a variety of responses. Some like the technical challenges and the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies (Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, Mobile Apps) and to use the latest tools and frameworks. Others are attracted by the work we do – making a difference to research across a broad spectrum of disciplines – health and medical, biosciences, astronomy, the environment as well as humanities and social sciences.
Have you got the right stuff?
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial software development experience.
- Excellent academic record with a degree in Computer Science or Engineering and a desire to continue to learn.
- Strong programming skills in a range of languages including one or more of Ruby, Java, Python.
- Experience building web applications.
- Worked in an agile environment.
- Experience with tools and practices like BDD, TDD and Continuous Integration.
- Experience with any of the following would be highly regarded: Research Workflows, Text Retrieval or Search, RDF, Linguistics Tools.
You must be technically focused and be able to assess and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
Are you ready for the challenge?
If you want to be part of this amazing opportunity, please submit your CV along with a cover letter and your academic transcripts to email@example.com, quoting a job reference Dev-0213
For any queries, please contact Harita Dhankhar, HR Coordinator on 8079 2503