University of Technology, Sydney
The University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) has been a member of Intersect since 2008 and is a foundation member.
Jeff Christiansen is the Intersect eResearch Analyst to UTS.
Jeff is available for individual or group meetings, and to present seminars on eResearch.
eResearch Service Group
The eResearch Services Group is currently composed of members of the Information Technology Division (ITD), the Research and Innovation Office (RIO), and the Library, as well as the Intersect eResearch Analyst to UTS. Its purpose is to:
- ensure a collaborative and consolidated approach to eResearch infrastructure and administration process & procedures;
- ensure a common understanding of UTS research communities, IT infrastructure and administration requirements;
- communicate the IT Services available to the UTS research community; and
- provide simple and effective processes for the research community to access IT services.
The group meets monthly. Please refer to the contact details in the right sidebar should you wish to contact the group.
Useful campus facilities or resources
UTS provides a number of eResearch services to researchers, including:
- Two AccessGrid rooms supporting human interaction over a network. The main node can be found in Building 10 on the City campus. The Department of Mathematical Sciences operate the second node, located in Building 1 on the City campus.
- Two OptiPortals consisting of large tiled displays. One can be found in Building 10 on the City campus, in the same room as the AccessGrid. The other can be found in Building 4 on the City campus.
eResearch Analyst for UTS
M: 0468 740 880
T: +61 2 8079 2500
eSS committee member:
Mr Peter James
T +61 2 9514 2160
eResearch Services Group:
Mr Peter James (ITD), E email@example.com
Mr Peter Gale (ITD), E firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Gabrielle Gardiner (Library), E email@example.com
Mr Jeffrey Francis (RIO), E firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Scott McWhirter (RIO), E email@example.com
Mr Michael Lynch (RIO), E firstname.lastname@example.org
Local ANDS contact:
Senior Business Analyst
T +61 3 9902 0559